Scavenger hunt in the CERN Computing Centre
Hidden among the racks of servers and disks in the CERN Computing Centre, you’ll find Hawaiian dancers, space aliens, gorillas… all LEGO® figurines! These characters were placed about the Centre for the arrival of Google’s Street View team for the world to discover.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE COMPETITION IS OVER.
ONLY FOR REFERENCE, HERE IS THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE.
We’re pleased to announce our first global scavenger hunt! Spot three LEGO® figurines using Google’s Street View and you’ll be entered to win a gift of your choice from our CERN Gift Guide.
A LEGO® figurine in the CERN Computing Centre, as seen on Google Street View.
Here are the details:
- Find at least three LEGO® figurines hidden around the CERN Computing Centre using Google Street View.
- Take screencaps of the figurines and e-mail the pictures to TreasureHunt-ComputingCentre@cern.ch. This email is no longer active.
- There will be TWO winners: one from CERN and one from the general public. If you are from CERN, make sure to send your pictures from your CERN e-mail account.
- The competition is open until 31 January.
- The winners will be contacted by e-mail and will be announced in the Bulletin.
- Try looking on top of racks and servers; these figurines won’t be hanging from the air!
- There are over 20 LEGO® figurines spread across both floors of the Computing Centre. If you think you’ve looked everywhere, try the next floor.
- We’ve included a map of the Computer Centre and an example of a figurine (above) to help you get started.
Wherever you are this holiday season, you’ll be able to participate in the competition.
by CERN Bulletin